Thursday 6 February 2014

Insecure Writer's Support Group: Fortune Favors the Bold


Insecure Writer's Support Group is a blog hop hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh where totally insecure writers can get together and share the things that are making us go argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          As I get further into the edits of my MS I'm beginning to see my book's publication date on the horizon. Along with anticipation and excitement I'm also beginning to feel a good dose of dread. What if everyone hates it and I get all 1 star reviews? Or worse, what if my book doesn't sell at all? What if I publish and then it drops into that black void that is self-published eBooks and is never heard from again? Sometimes the self doubt is so deafening that I consider giving it all up. It's during times like these that I make myself remember one thing:

Fortune Favors the Bold

If I don't publish at all I'll never know if my book could have been successful and I think that will haunt me more than flat out failure (I think! Ask me again once I'm published!). The worst chance my book can have is no chance at all. If every author gave in to their fears and self-doubt no books would be published. I've worked long and hard on my story and it deserves at least a shot at publication. So I keep reminding myself over and over again to be bold. To have the courage to do something I'm passionate about and with a lot of luck it might all be worth it!

6 comments:

  1. That's right - you won't sell any copies if you don't publish at all.
    Start planning and preparing now for release day and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that saying, Lan. I hope your edits are going well, and I wish you so much success! One of my fears is that my book(s) may never see the light of day--or be read by anyone. I've actually been thinking a lot on this lately. It's hard to keep your head up and your spirits high no matter what stage of the publishing process you're in. I'm so happy that you're happy (if that even makes sense lol!). I'm so glad you're fulfilling your dream. Again, I wish you and your book all the best!!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true! And don't you worry. I'll read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite quotes. I think, beneath all the jitters we get about publishing our books, we really want to do it, so we should. If we could forget all the fears of things we think will happen, then we realize we are bold and we can do this like so many others have done.

    And, your book will not get 1 star reviews. It could get a few mixed in with a lot of 4 and 5 star reviews, but that's just how it goes. Every book, even the very best in the world, get 1 star reviews. Can't please everyone. If you are happy with the book, then somebody else is bound to be, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great view to have! Be bold, be fearless, and you won't regret it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. If all else fails, I want you to know that I'll read it......and force it off onto my friends to read it too. (Not sure if that makes you feel any better.) Still.......you have to do it...otherwise you end up saying "what if" all your life.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)