Monday, 30 January 2012
Misc Monday: Updates and Such
Disclaimer: I am seriously lazy and have once again semi-stolen this segment from Jessica at Thoughts At One In The Morning and Jenny at Alternate Readality .
I've decided that instead of spending all my time agonizing over fun misc things to write about (which takes FOREVER because I am pretty boring), I'm going to update you guys on how my week has been/will be.
- Have started Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels series, book 3). Am completely in love with Curran. Dimitri Belikov who???
- Am halfway through Angelfall by Susan Ee, Am starting Hammered by Kevin Hearn and Muse by Rebecca Lim. When it rains, it really pours and I've gone from having nothing to read (well nothing inspiring anyway) to have too much to read.
- Read a few chapters of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi but I will reserve judgement until I've read a bit more.
- Super Dooper hot weather in Melbourne Australia, meaning my laptop has gone into overdrive and keeps shutting itself off. So apologies for my lack of presence. Writing has been a bit difficult even though I'm only about 5 chapter off finishing Seeder's Poison.
- My brain is refusing to come up with a good enough ending to Seeder's Poison without it seeming like an anti-climax so I'm combating that by avoiding the whole thing. Very counter productive.
- As usual, I have to many half a$$ed story ideas rolling around in my head with nowhere to go because I am too lazy to start the proper research. It's all my fault really.
- This season of Gossip Girl is the best ever. No Jenny. No Vanessa and I am so in love with Blair and Dan right now.
- Am afriad to start watching Homeland because of all the hype.
- Stopped watching Ringer for some unknown reason but will start up again once I have some more time.
- In other news, all you writers out there, if you haven't seen The Simpsons, season 23 episode 6, you need to do it! It's about writers and is so on the money. I couldn't stop laughing.
- Have a writer's workshop coming up on Wed. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
- Have two birthdays on the weekend. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
- Have a birthday next weekend. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
- Yes Year is clearly working out for me!