Monday, 12 March 2012
- Have been starting a lot of books lately but not being able to finish them for some reason. I think the reason may possibly be that I can't be bothered writing up reviews for them. Sometimes I look at the reviews some other people are posting and think, man I can't be bothered writing up something as good as that.
- Have been going through a bit of Is It Just Me? syndrome. By that I mean I'm reading books that I should normally like but there's just one thing about them which sets me off and I go into a round of: is it just me or is this book such and such. Mostly this has been happening where I don't feel that great a connection to the characters or the motivation behind their course of action.
- Still trying to write those last chapters of Seeder's Poison. Am not struggling so much as re-reading and thinking, If I don't kill someone in these last few chapters, this is gonna be pretty boring. My supposed last chapters have actually turned into 10 chapters but to be fair, my first chapter was 7,000 words and the last few chapters have only been about 2,000 words max. I am going to need some serious editing.
- Am currently agonising over whether to bother getting traditionally published or to try my hand at self publishing. Pros and cons for both sides and I'm swaying towards self publishing but I am so technologically stunted that the thought of formatting and converting my MS into another format is a bit daunting. But I am too much of a tighta$$ too pay someone else to do it!
- What's that? With Gossip Girl on a temporary hiatus, I have been getting back into my gardening. Just in time for Autumn (Fall for you guys). I can sense this turning into a bit of a book/gardening blog mish mash!
- For some reason the husband has decided that he wants to see The Hunger Games with me but he can't stay up late for us to see it opening night so I'm not going to be able to watch it until the 24th. Bit annoying. Especially since he has no idea what it's about and doesn't want me to tell him. What's the point in that? Luckily I've already organised a repeat viewing with some friends who I forced to read the books.
- Can't complain. Although have taken to wearing band-aids on my fingers because I use the scroll button on my mouse way too much. They should document that as a real illness.
- A huntsman spider has taken up residence in my room. I've named it Charlotte. I was going to take a photo for you guys but then I remembered most people don' like spiders the way I do. They're very useful. Unlike mosquitoes which I still maintain can be eliminated from the this dimension without anyone caring.