Friday 12 August 2011

And The Blogger Award Goes To.......

You guys! I never thought this would happen in a million years when I started blogging but I've been given my first blogger award. Wheeeeeeee!! I can't believe it. I never thought anyone would bother reading my admittedly angsty brand of blogging but I've made such awesome blogger friends on here. Thanks so much to Lani @ Sleepless In Samoa who nominated me for this award. My only complaint is that I can't nominate her for an award back because she deserves that and more!

The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun.


I'm having a hard time choosing who to nominate because there are so many I want to give it to. In the end, I decided on bloggers that I've built up a good friendship with, who always give great advice and comments and who have put up with my recent rants with much patience and good humor. Here are my nominees (in no particular order):


BJ @ Dark Side of The Covers: BJ is one cool lady. Her blog is the most interactive one I have seen in the blogosphere and I love popping over and having a look around. Her reviews are funny and engaging and she has a great sense of humor. I can always count on BJ for an honest review and to tell me things that other reviewers don't!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous: Ashley is my go to lady for all things Vampire Academy, so I'm bugging her a lot with my constant Rose & Dimitri talk. Ashley is writing a very cool vampire book at the moment so I feel we have a bit of a connection there too. I very rarely warm to people straight off but Ashley is so genuine and nice that I felt I knew her right away.

Beth @ Sweet Books'n'Stuff: Beth's blog name describes her perfectly. She is a very sweet lady  who always finds the time to visit my blog. Her insights are always on the money and I love that she is a bit obsessive about TV shows the way I am. Plus she has a cute dog and I'm a dog person.

Jinny @ SkyInk: Jinny's blog is my inspiration to keep reading. She is an overachieving reader and I love her for it. Jinny has introduced me to a great many books that I would never have heard of and her reviews are always in depth without giving anything spoilery away.

Alexia @ Alexia's Books and Such...: I'm not sure anymore if Alexia found my blog or if I found hers. I just got a comment on my blog one day and that was it. That's what's so great about her. Even though her readership is pretty big Alexia always finds the time to return a comment. Alexia's reviews all types of books and I count on her to widen my reading net. Yeah I am lazy :)

I realise that if this were an Oscar's speech they would be cutting over my acceptance speech with music but it's my blog and I'll babble if I want to. Thanks again guys for being such great blogger friends!


10 comments:

  1. Congrats you deserve it!

    Lucy (old follower!)

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy! I am so grateful for all my followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! :) I'm flattered. But how am I supposed to do this without listing your blog?! Agh!

    I'll say my nice things here, then - I enjoy your insights into story and writing, and that you offer truly thoughtful reviews. I enjoy discussing all of the above with you, and that you interact with your commenters/followers - the varying opinions are always really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ: You're welcome! You certainly deserve it. I am so glad I found this little 'community.' Was going a bit bat crazy with all my writing thoughts before. I love discussing all things books with you and I am always grateful for your well reasoned insights as opposed to my emotionally fueled ranting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, congratulations!! <3 I love reading your blog!

    And -- Wow thank you!! I've never been nominated for anything before. Reading power! Heh! Here's to many years of friendship! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww. thank you. you know ill def be coming to you about my writing. i will talk va with you whenever. sorry im typing from my kindle so its kinda hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jinny: This was my first award too :) I am still stoked! Many years of friendship indeed!

    Ash: I don't know if I'll be any help in the writing department...have been trying to edit my book for ages now and it just seems so juvenile compared to the books that I read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. any comments or criticism works for me. its only been read by my friend and i so its nice to see other peoples take on it especially those that can appreciate the thoughts and what not that go into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. * Bloggers end note: Clearly I am no good at following any sort of rules because, going back over this award, I'm only supposed to give it to people with less than 200 followers. Oh Well!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)