Saturday 17 March 2012

Tagged by Gossip_Grl & Seeder's Poison Excerpt (Again!)

I've been tagged for the Lucky 7 MEME by writer, Gossip_Grl. Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

Okay, so here is the paragraph of Seeder's Poison in question (completely unedited):

      This part of the forest is incredibly dense, the canopy blocking out all but the smallest slivers of sunlight. Cedars, eucalypts, ashs and pines all growing within meters of each other. On my home turf, I could lose a hunter in minutes. But I don’t know these parts and that makes me slow. With every step, sharp pain radiates from the bullet wound in my calf. Thankfully, it’s a clean shot, entering and exiting without touching bone. It’s still agony to move, but I can’t let myself give in. 

Now onto the Lucky Questions to answer:
1. What is my dream Vacation?
Not being at work!! LOL.

2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan?
Depends on what we’re referring to. I plan most things in my life because I love writing lists and I hate being unprepared. That being said, I am super lazy so I even leave the planning to the last minute!

3. Tell us one thing you want to do, but don't dare do?
I don’t think I should answer this one. I already come off as enough of a sociopath.

4. What's your biggest phobia?
It would have to be a tossup between ghosts and mice.

5. If you were stranded on a desert island--what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop or family)?
My Kindle, my bed and for survival’s sake, a really big knife!

6. Name 3 blessings in your life:
Family, friends and an imagination.

7. What was your nickname in high school?
Shorty. (Yes, I’m very short. Kids are so creative aren’t they?)

8. If you could meet the President of the US, what would you say to him?
Probably nothing. Politics bore me to tears.

9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?
 Elizabeth Bennett for sure. Darcy and Pemberly. Can’t go wrong.

10. What is your favourite quote?
I actually don’t have one. 

Thanks for tagging me Gossip_Grl. I had a fun time answering the questions and taking my mind off this very hectic weekend I'm having. I don't really know that many writers so I can't really tag anyone but Jessica, Cathy, Lani and BJ if you're reading this. Tag you're it!

See you guys on the other side of tomorrow!

~ Lan

17 comments:

  1. Nooooooo! I read thru this post with a slight sense of dread...because I was pretty sure you were going to tag me! LOL. Thanks Lan. And can i just say that Im really eager to read Seeder's Poison. And Iron Willed. Any chance you're going to be putting any of them out into the universe any time soon?
    And you cheated by not answering question three..."Shorty" (and that last comment was called out by "Owl Eyes" aka moi.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel pressured to do a post Lani! I almost didn't because I am running around like a headless chook this weekend but I figure I've been a bit absent lately and I don't really have to think too much for this post. Am almost 90% sure I want to self publish so you'll be seeing both books by the end of the year I think! The world is better off without my answer to question three!!

      Delete
    2. Just kidding - i love the idea. I already wrote one immediately! (can you tell Ive been feeling bloggishly uninspired and really needed your creative tag to kick me in the butt?) Ive written it already and had fun with it and its scheduled for later this week, thank you. And Im excited that youre a little bit closer to publishing. Cant wait...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag, but I don't have a page 77 in my manuscript yet! I don't know if I can do it, but maybe I'll try. It does look fun.

    I like your MS excerpt. I won't say too much about it because how can anyone when it's not in context? But, it's well-written and I can get a good visual in my head of the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you do one for page 7 of your MS? You can say all you want about my MS when I sent it to you...which should be soon I hope.

      Delete
  3. Oh, come now! Tell us what you want to do but don't dare to. You know you want to. ;)

    I can't wait to read your book some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too violent Jenny! I want to try and portray some kind of normlish persona.

      Delete
    2. Fine! ;) But I could take it, I promise.

      Delete
  4. Ooh,b can we all do this? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Sue! Feel free to do something on your own blog!

      Delete
  5. Fun post, Lan! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My answer to question number one is so similar to yours, expect substituting "school" for "work" LOL! And we're so similar with number two as well, because as much as I'm the kind of girl who likes to have things planned out, my last-minuteness often squashes that! x)

    I love this meme, Lan -- it sounds like so much fun! For one thing, seven is my favourite number because I was born on a seventh day and it's a prime number that's also symmetrical! (I just re-read over that and realized how strange that sounded LOL) For thing number two, that was a really awesome (albeit teasing) teaser! And for another thing, I get to find out about some cool new writer-bloggers! :)

    I hope you have an amazing weekend, Lan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I adore your post so much, Lan! You have a really good humor and I enjoy reading your witty replies! :D I think I might go for Elizabeth Bennet too. I mean, she has the dark and brooding Mr. Darcy! Swoon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. If onlyI could hear the answer to number 3............

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your answer to number 2!

    My nickname was Piglet. No, not because Peggy is so close to Miss Piggy (although I occasionally got called that). It was Piglet, because I was SO SHORT! (Snort. Like how that sounded past tense? Yeah. It's not like I'm any less short now!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth Bennett for the win! :-) I would love to be her forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your excerpt, Lan! And I totally am scared of ghosts too!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)