Wednesday 28 December 2011

2012 Ebook Challenge


First off, big thanks to Jessica at Thoughts At One In The Morning for bringing this challenge to my attention. The 2012 Ebook Challenge is hosted by Sarah at Workaday Reads. The rules of the challenge are easy. You just have to sign up and choose what level of the challenge you will be participating at. I am going to try for level 2 which involves reading at least 10 ebooks for 2012.
      I feel a little guilty writing this post and participating in this challenge because I am the worlds worst ebook reader. I've been an avid book lover for so long and have always touted that print books are better, but in the last few months there's been a shift in my life. Suddenly ebooks are starting to look better and better.
          There are so many great indie books that are only available as ebooks, the ereader is light and carries hundreds more books than my bookshelves can and let's not forget that I get quite a few review requests for ebooks and I am notoriously bad at keeping up with these reviews. So this is a way for me to do that. I can't wait to start!

10 comments:

  1. Woot! Since I bought my Nook, I've found that I am always reading at least one book on it at all times. I'm really enjoying it. Glad you're taking part and can check out more indie authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband got me a proper Kindle for Christmas so now I can read even more ebooks! I'm so glad because PDF reading just wasn't cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you got a Kindle for X-mas! Alright! A few members of my family got some Kindles, too, and it is a really handy device. I'm always using mine, even though I still read print books regularly, too.

    Congrats on your present and good luck with this new reading challenge! I read so many ebooks, I don't even need to enter this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should sign up for this one but I don't think I have to. I'll probably do fine on my own now that I have the Kindle app on my phone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love print and ebooks! I have quite the collection of both :) There are some books that are too pretty not to have the hard copy and some that an ebook is just more practical. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive always said paper or nothing, until I played aroung on my friends Christmas kobo. They're pretty dang convenient! I'm not going to lie I totally want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lan!
    I know what you mean. I'm a big fan of books, like real books you can hold in your hand, but ebooks look great for a bunch of reasons. First, cost. $0.99-3.99 for a book??? You can't beat that. Also, like you said, more and more books are coming out as either self-pubbed or indie, so... Still don't like reading ebooks as much as actual books, can't read the e ones as fast, but I do see the advantages. Good luck on the challenge!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lan - you got a kindle! Way cool, i love mines. Another bonus of it, is not having to cart around massive books. I just finished reading the Game of Thrones series and those are soem serious HUGE heavy books. I was reading the fifth one as a print book and the weight and bulkiness of it was a real drag after my kindle. Im loving ebooks...embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting a kindle! Even though I love my nook, I'll always love print books too! I tend to alternate between reading print and eBooks, and always take my nook whenever we travel as it's so convenient! I'm thinking about doing an eBook challenge next year as I read more eBooks than expected in 2011. And NetGalley has so many tempting eARCs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the kindle!!! I love my nook, even though like you I like the actual book reading thing. Theres just something about the feel of a actual book in your hands.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)