Wednesday 28 December 2011

Crikey! I Need Help Guys


As part of the fun of participating in the 2012 Aussie Author Challenge hosted by Joanne at Booklover Book Reviews, I entered a contest to name the cute little koala mascot. The person whose name gets the most votes wins a book from the Book Depository.
         My entry is the very obvious but I think very apt offering of Steve after the late great Steve Irwin. My husband and I had the pleasure of seeing one of his crocodile shows at Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast of Brisbane back in 2002 and he was as bubbly and outgoing as he was on TV.
        Anyway, that's beside the point really. What I'm getting at is that it would mean a lot to me if you guys would hop over to the Booklover blog and vote for my entry. I would be eternally grateful.

15 comments:

  1. Ha! You said crikey. I almost died laughing because, you know, you're Australian, and Steve Irwin made that word so famous that everyone in America seems to think that all Australians run around saying Crikey all day! Any who, let me hop on over to the Booklover and vote for your entry. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, scratch that, I'll be voting this evening on my home computer. (stupid work computer doesnt allow google docs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voted! I think Steve is a very fitting name for a koala :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done and done! He's awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I voted for your entry! Very cute name after a really neat guy that Steve was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Consider it done, Lan!

    The Overnight Bestseller
    http://michaeljmccannsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just voted! ok, like Shere i too was laughing at "CRIKEY" - i forget sometimes that you are Australian...good reminder Lan! lol Hope you win...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here, good luck Lan!

    Beth ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea! I'll hop on by now! :) Thanks for sharing.
    From a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)